Forever Dixie: A Field Guide to Southern Cemeteries & Their Residents

Forever Dixie: A Field Guide to Southern Cemeteries & Their Residents - Douglas Keister I bought "Forever Dixie: A Field Guide to Southern Cemeteries & Their Residents" from Amazon in 2010. I didn't get around to reading it until May 2012, four months later I've finished this fascinating book. Forever Dixie chronicles thirteen of the most well known cemeteries south of the Mason-Dixon line, and their more well-known permanent residents. Beginning with Metairie Cemetery, in New Orleans, Louisiana and ending with Key Underwood Coon Dog Memorial Graveyard, in Tuscumbia, Alabama.

As you read Forever Dixie you will read concise biographical narratives on forty notable sons and daughters who called the south their forever home. Also included with each narrative, and cemetery data, are GPS coordinates, for easy tracking.

Forever Dixie, is an interesting book, and should be in the cemetery or grave hunting book collection of anyone who's into cemeteries, grave hunting, and things of that sort. One of the things I really enjoyed about the book were the beautiful full color photographs of various notable, obscure, or interesting gravesites. Needless to say I highly recommend it.